Sunday, September 22, 2013

Gone Girl

You still cling to me,
although tenuously,
in order to still have a connection.
You return when it is convenient for you,
to make sure you still can,
in case you want to return again in the future.

But you mistake my politeness as a welcome,
you do not realize that you have faded from my mind and heart,
and that only when you return do I even remember you exist.
You keep one foot in the door,
never noticing I don't live there anymore.

I am not the same girl you once knew.
I have grown & changed & become strong enough to realize how much better I am without you around.
You cannot break this heart again.
You cannot return to what once was.
You cannot know me anymore.

Do not confuse the fact that I wish you no ill will as me welcoming you home. This home is no longer yours and I have no room for you here.

No comments:

Post a Comment