Saturday, April 27, 2013

Hollow

My insides are hollow once again.
The void I learned to ignore is back.
I'd forgotten about it
in the days of warmth and steadiness.
When you were here,
you filled it in.
You nestled in,
a perfect, pretty fit.
The missing piece had been found.

But you've gone away,
as easily as you came in,
and left things empty again.
It had been so long,
those days of honey & nectar,
the nothingness seemed foreign.
It overwhelmed.
In my agony, I could no longer remember how I lived hollow all those years before you.
I twisted in the misery of my miserable heart,
the gaping maw open inside me again.

You, who knew of the emptiness that had once lived inside me, who knew the tender way that you stitched me to your side...
You knew but didn't care.
You ripped me @ the seams,
one quick, fluid motion,
and with that,
tossed me aside.

So the hollowness in me is back and now it's here to stay.
This time, I have learned my lesson.
Empty hurts,
but love is too dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment