Thursday, July 23, 2015

And just like that...
Your voice again on the line.
Your laugh sounding in my ear.
It was like coming home
But cautiously, held back.
I wanted to say so many things to you but I kept them inside.
Just to hear your voice was enough for now.
You called me darling,
my heart skipped its beat,
as if in that one word everything I have hoped for might still occur.
You said you'd been thinking about me.
You said it was good to hear from me.
All those things I needed to hear to help my poor broken heart begin to stitch itself back together.
A tentative phone call.
One little grasp in the dark after such silence.
My emotions are still raw and on edge but the sound of your voice soothes my angst.
Tonight I will sleep with your words wrapping around me like warm arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment