Sunday, October 27, 2013

Collide

Time has passed & led us down such separate roads,
our lives should never again intertwine,
our paths should never cross,
our ships should pass in the night.

But you reached out after all those many years, throwing your trajectory off course & colliding into mine.
You sought me out.
You couldn't leave well enough alone,
and you had to come back again to see just where I had been,
where I am,
and where I am going.

And so the question now is why are you here?

What purpose do you have here? Did you come again to see what might have been? To live in a nostalgic dream? To wonder about the what ifs?

Or is it more than just a pipe dream?
Do you come now w/ a heart full of regret & plans to make things right this time?

What is the reason for coming back & throwing my life off track?
For making me remember everything you once meant to me?
For whispering to me all the things I wished you had said all those many years ago?

And why do I love it so when we collide?

No comments:

Post a Comment